Health Alert Network (HAN)
The Health Alert Network (HAN) provides a method of sharing information about urgent public health incidents with local partners. The HAN provides a robust interoperable platform for the rapid distribution of public health information.
There are several HAN classification levels as defined by the CDC which are used by Tri-County Health Department HAN to classify messages and the urgency of the message. Each HAN classification level is clearly stated at the beginning of each communication. This is to aid in quick identification and differentiation of HAN messages from other types of communications.
These categories are listed below:
- HAN Alert - conveys the highest level of importance, warrants immediate action
- HAN Advisory - provides important information for a specific incident, may not require immediate action
- HAN Update - provides updated information regarding an incident or situation, unlikely to require immediate action
- HAN Public Health Brief – For your information, does not require action
- HAN Test / Exercise / Drill – used during system tests
If you are interested in receiving Tri-County Health Department HAN Notifications, please contact Julie Ross.
* Note to HAN Recipients: Due to changes regarding distribution instructions for Health Alert Network messages from the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), Tri-County Health Department (TCHD) will only post HAN messages to our website originated from CDPHE when indicated allowable to post on public sites. TCHD will continue to post HAN messages from CDC, TCHD Quarterly Infectious Disease Tidbit Public Health Briefs and other messaging TCHD develops internally. If you are unable to open PDF email attachments or do not receive all faxed pages of a HAN message, please contact Julie Ross at email@example.com or 720-200-1477.
2020 Health Alert Network Notifications
- HAN Advisory - Guidance for using rapid diagnostic tests for Ebola in the U.S. - Jan. 2, 2020
- HAN Advisory - Outbreak of Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology (PUE) in Wuhan, China
- HAN Advisory - Influenza activity and the importance of antiviral use - Jan. 15, 2020
- HAN Advisory - Sharp rise in STIs in Colorado continues, includes congenital syphilis Jan. 28, 2020
- HAN Advisory - Severe Illness Associated with Using Non-Pharmaceutical Chloroquine Phosphate to Prevent and Treat Coronavirus Disease 2019 3/28
- HAN Advisory - Colorado Crisis Standards of Care activated for PPE and EMS - April 9, 2019
- HAN Advisory - Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with COVID-19
- HAN Advisory - List of COVID-19 Antibody Tests that should no longer be used in the U.S. 5.27.2020
- HAN Advisory - Prepare early for flu season during the COVID-19 pandemic - June 12,2020
- HAN Advisory-Detection of Ciprofloxacin resistant B-lactamase producing Neisseria meningitdis Serogroup Y Isolates-U.S. 2019-2020
- HAN Advisory-Serious Adverse Health Events Associated with Methanol-based Hand Sanitizers 7.7.2020
- HAN Advisory - First Human Case of West Nile Virus for the 2020 Season - August 14, 2020
- HAN Advisory – Sanofi-Aventis to Discontinue Three Rifampin Products 9.1.2020
- HAN Advisory - Reminder to Clinicians regarding Legionnaires Disease and Legionella Testing during COVID-19 Pandemic - September 8, 2020
- HAN Update - Updated guidance for health care professionals treating E-cigarette or Vaping- Associated Lung Injury (EVALI) - Jan. 3, 2020
- HAN Update - COVID-19 New and Updated Information - March 7, 2020
- HAN Update - COVID-19 New and Updated Information - March 11, 2020
- HAN Update - COVID-19 New and Updated Information - March 13, 2020
- HAN Update - Information for Patients about COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine, Testing, and Contact Tracing - July 17, 2020
- HAN Update - Information for Patients about COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine, Testing, and Contact Tracing - July 22, 2020