- Make Your House a Healthy Home
- Healthy Homes Maintenance Checklist
- Animals, Bugs, & Pests
- Asbestos (EPA)
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (CDC)
- Drinking Water
- Green Living
- Household Chemical Waste
- Homeowner's Guide to Moisture Management
- Lead Poisoning Fact Sheet
- Mold - Questions & Answers
- Tobacco Smoke
- Water Damage Fact Sheet
To achieve a healthy home, follow these 8 principles:
- Keep your home dry.
- Keep your home clean.
- Keep your home pest-free.
- Keep your home safe.
- Keep your home contaminant free.
- Keep your home ventilated
- Keep your home well maintained.
- Keep your home temperature controlled.
Reference the iTunes store for more information on the new Healthy Homes App! The app offers practical how-to guidance on how to have a safe and healthy home, right at your fingertips. The app offers introductory information and guidance for consumers by teaching the “Principles of a Healthy Home”. For those users more familiar with healthy homes concepts, the app features detailed information by topic.
Tri-County Health Department provides sampling for potential health hazards in your home, such as combustion gases including carbon monoxide, mold, radon, asbestos, particulates, dust, lead, unknown odors, and noise. Some fees may apply, depending on what we need to sample for. See our Sampling Services Brochure for more information.Sampling Services.
- Is mold harmful to my family?
- How do I clean up mold?
- Is air sampling for mold recommended?
- How much does air sampling for mold cost?
- I have mold in my apartment and my landlord won’t do anything about it. What are my options?
- Can you check the air quality in our home? Our family is experiencing symptoms.
- I want to measure the radon levels in my home. How do I do this?
- How does Tri-County Health Department test for radon and is there a fee?
- Can I purchase a radon test kit and do the test myself?
- I tested my home for radon and the level came back high. What do I do?
- What is Asbestos?
- What are the health effects from exposure to asbestos?
- I want to know if material in my home contains asbestos. How can I test for this?