Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
A WIC mother shares her story about participating in WIC
From my technician, to the nutritionist, to the breastfeeding specialist, I experienced warmth and absolute support as soon as I walked through the door. They are all so encouraging and knowledgeable, you really feel a sense of relief that you are not alone and you can do this.
What is WIC? WIC promotes health, good nutrition and resources to keep families strong.
- WIC provides food valued at $57 per person each month at not cost.
- The foods on the WIC Program provide the nutrition children, pregnant women and women who just delivered a baby need to thrive.
- WIC provides nutrition tips, parenting support and connects you to resources in your community.
- All families are welcome - including families with caregivers that are moms, dads, grandparents, kinship care and foster parents.
- Working families participate in WIC. WIC works around busy family schedules.
- Children can stay on from birth until 5 years old.
- Families can apply for WIC at anytime.
It's Easy to Join
- WIC assists families with children up to the age of 5 years and women who are pregnant, just had a baby, or are breastfeeding.
- One way families can is if they qualify if they participate in Medicaid, SNAP or TANF.
- Check out qualifying guidelines here, (español).
- For a pre-screening tool to see if you qualify, click here.
- Call the office you would like to go to from the list below.
- Appointments are available in most offices within 24 hours.
The Value of WIC
- Food package valued at $57 per person each month.
- Food package includes foods for babies, children up to age 5, pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding moms. Here is the list of the WIC foods . (español).
- Food benefits alone for children participating from age 1-4 years add up to $2000.
- Nutrition counseling with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to help answer questions you have, for example how to feed picky eaters.
- Nutrition education shared by caring, trained staff you can trust.
- In person, online and phone visits to fit your family's busy schedule.
- Many families will only need to come to an office appointment two times a year.
- Easy shopping experiences with eWIC and the new WIC Shopper App.
- Breastfeeding Support by lactation specialists, classes and a pump loan program, all at no cost.
- Connections to community partners and resources for your family.
- Access to online nutrition information, WIC Facebook, Pinterest and more covering a variety of topics.
- Learn helpful tips about shopping with your eWIC card, using the WICShopper App, finding WIC authorized grocery stores and more, click here.
- Please share your experiences shopping with your eWIC card so we can continue to enhance our program to meet the needs of our families.
Aurora, CO 80011
Aurora, CO 80011
15192 E. Hampden Ave.
Aurora, CO 80014
Bennett, CO 80102
(1 day a month)
Brighton, CO 80601
410 South Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Commerce City, CO 80022
589 S. Banner St.
Elizabeth, CO 80107
(1 day a month)
Englewood, CO 80113
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Denver, CO 80221
Westminster, CO 80234