Access to Care: Healthy Communities Program
If you live in Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas or Elbert County, our Healthy Communities program may be able to assist you in basic non-medical issues for clients aged 0-20 years and pregnant women on Medicaid (MDK) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+).
We may be able to help you:
- Find a doctor, dentist, specialist, or other service accepting Medicaid or CHP+ health insurance
- Find clothing, food, shelter, employment services, and other resources in your community
- Help coordinate transportation to and from medical offices and your home
- Help you understand when it is best to go to your healthcare provider, or urgent care center, or Emergency Department
- Help you with basic questions about your Medicaid or CHP+ benefits
- Help you apply for Medicaid or CHP+ health insurance and determine if you may qualify for these benefits
- Help you setup an account on your computer for Colorado PEAK to apply for benefits, or make future changes such as updating your address, phone number, or reporting a newly born baby
For Healthcare Providers
If you are a healthcare provider for Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas or Elbert County, our Healthy Communities program can help you contact Medicaid or CHP+ patients regarding referrals to a specialist, an unnecessary Emergency Department visit, or a missed appointment in your office.