Access to Care
The Access to Care Program is a combination of the Healthy Communities (HC) program and the Presumptive Eligibility (PE) program for Pregnant Women & Children.
Presumptive Eligibility: provides at least 45 days of guaranteed Medicaid or CHP+ coverage to eligible children and pregnant women while their application is being processed through the county Human Services office for final determination of eligibility. This allows the client to seek health care immediately.
Contact us: 303-363-3013
Healthy Communities: If you live in Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, or Elbert County, our Healthy Communities program may be able to assist you in basic non-medical issues for clients aged 0-20 years and pregnant women on Medicaid (MDK) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP)
Connect for Health Colorado: During open enrollment, Coloradans can purchase health insurance for the next year. If you need to learn the basics about health insurance, how it works or you need help understanding your 2016 options, please visit the Connect for Health Colorado website. There, you can review plans and prices for 2016. Open enrollment begins Nov. 1 and you can choose a new plan or renew your current one. Open enrollment ends on Jan. 31. Stay Covered Colorado!
Connect for Health Colorado is a marketplace to help individuals, families and small employers across the state purchase health insurance and apply for new federal financial assistance to reduce costs. Connect for Health Colorado also offers a statewide customer support network to help Coloradans find the best health plans for their needs. Connect for Health Colorado is the only place where Coloradans can apply for advance premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions to help pay for commercial insurance coverage.
- How do I know if I qualify for Medicaid, Children’s Health Plan Plus (CHP+), or Emergency Medicaid health insurance programs?
- What if I’m not eligible for Medicaid or CHP+?
- What is Presumptive Eligibility (PE)?
- What are the differences between the public health insurance options (Medicaid, CHP+, and Emergency Medicaid)?
- Do you have walk-in appointments available?
- What will happen during my Presumptive Eligibility appointment?
- What if I have concerns or questions about my Medicaid or CHP+?