Public Health / Community Nutrition Internship
Tri-County Health Department offers a dietetic internship accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
Credentialing process to become a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- A minimum of a Baccalaureate degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Successful completion of program will result in the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) issuing a verification statement for eligibility to complete a dietetic internship.
- Complete ACEND-accredited supervised practice program (Dietetic Internship, Coordinated Program or Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP). Typically, a program will run eight to 24 months in length. Successful completion of program will result in a Dietetic Internship (DI) verification statement which establishes eligibility to sit for the national standardized exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Pass the Commission on Dietetic Registration's (CDR) dietetic registration national exam.
- Gain licensure in your state of practice, if applicable.
- Complete continuing professional education requirements to maintain registration.
- Community / Public Health focus
- Six interns selected annually
- 10.5-month program (46 weeks)
- Wide variety of dietetic experiences
- Over 30 RDs on staff at Tri-County
- Caring preceptors to guide interns
- Graduates have a 100% first-time pass rate on RD exam, which meets ACEND requirements with commendation
Tri-County's internship participates in the computer matching process through D&D Digital Systems. For more information, contact Dietetic Internship Director Michelle Harris at 720-200-1513 or follow us on Facebook.
ACEND is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. ACEND can be reached at 312-899-0040, ext. 5400, or in person at:
120 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
November 20, 2018 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
January 8, 2019 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Informational meetings will be held at the Tri-County Health Department Administrative Office located at 6162 S. Willow Drive, Suite 100 Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
Please contact Michelle via email for further information.