Nurse Family Partnership®
Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP) is a voluntary, community health home visitation program, for women who are having their first baby. The program is dedicated to helping first time mothers of any age have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and successful parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life.
Each enrolled mother is partnered with a registered nurse who will visit her in her home, or at a safe place throughout pregnancy, and until the baby is 2 years old. The relationship that develops between mother and nurse promotes improved prenatal and maternal health, improved child development and leads to increased family self-sufficiency.
This national program is proven to be effective, based on 3 decades of extensive research.
Learn more about NFP.
As a first time mom, you most likely have many questions about your pregnancy, taking care of your new baby and providing for your family’s needs. Our nurse home visitors can address your questions and concerns, and focus on the things that are most important to you as you begin your journey into motherhood.
What can you expect from the program if you enroll?
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and up until your baby is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule. During these visits, your nurse will offer the knowledge and support you need to confidently create a better life for your baby and yourself.
Your nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Improve confidence and enjoyment in parenting.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them.
NFP is offered in all 64 counties in Colorado. To learn more about how the program has helped other first time moms in Colorado, please watch this video.
Read various testimonials from previous Nurse-Family Partnership moms.
Any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child.
- Meets income requirements.
- Lives in Adams, Arapahoe, or Douglas County.
To see if you are eligible for Nurse-Family Partnership, please call- 303-255-6246
Are you interested in enrolling your client in Nurse-Family Partnership?
Click the link below for a provider referral form & fax the completed form to one of the following locations:
Adams County: 303-255-6290
Arapahoe or Douglas County: 720-200-1697
Nurse-Family Partnership Referral Form