Community Health Team: Driving Healthy Change in Our Counties
The Community Health Team (CHT) administers medical support to primary care practices in Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties. Our goal is to collaborate with private physicians to reduce cardiovascular disease and related risk factors among all Coloradans. Our team consists of a Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian, Pharmacist and Behavioral Health professional. We are here to enhance private practices and support patients
We deliver a diverse array of services to address the health care needs of patients.
National Diabetes Prevention Program – Through this evidence-based program for preventing Type 2 diabetes, CHT will help patients make real lifestyle changes such as adopting healthier eating habits, participating in physical activity and improving problem-solving and coping skills
Diabetes Self-Management Education – CHT will collaborate with patients to provide support, guidance and information needed to better manage diabetes.
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring – CHT will provide a blood pressure monitor and educate patients about the importance of hypertension management and how to track their blood pressure outside the clinic.
When patients are active participants in the National Diabetes Prevention Program Diabetes Self-Management Education and/or Home Blood Pressure Monitoring, they may qualify for other services.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) – CHT will refer eligible patients to a pharmacist who will consult with them to assess their medication needs and priorities.
Behavioral Health Care – CHT will refer eligible patients to the Behavioral Health Professional on the team who will provide short term mental health care and facilitate connections to long term services.
• Established, regular patients
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Not pregnant or trying to get pregnant
DOES PARTNERING WITH COMMUNITY HEALTH TEAM COST?
No, this service is free to private practices and their patients
HOW DOES A COMMUNITY HEALTH TEAM PARTNERSHIP WORK?
• The Community Health Team (CHT) contracts with a practice
• The practice and CHT work together to select patients for services
• The practice agrees to provide access to health records and fully integrates CHT for three years
• The practice and CHT work together to develop health improvement plans for each participating patient
• CHT and the practice meet regularly to ensure the quality of care for every participating patient