Syringe Access Services
Aurora Syringe Access Services (ASAS) provides outreach, education and syringe exchange services for people who inject drugs and their partners in the Aurora area, especially along Colfax Ave. We are open Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 - 4 p.m. at It Takes A Village, 1475 Lima St., Aurora, 80010.
ASAS is a safe, legal, non-judgmental place to get free injection supplies confidentially.
Injecting drugs can lead to infections such as HIV and Hepatitis C Virus. Syringe Access Services can reducethese infections by providing people who inject drugs with sterile, safer injection supplies and safe disposal of needles. ASAS can also refer clients to substance abuse treatment and prevent overdose by providing Naloxone, an anti-overdose medication.
Health Educators Ismael and Kevin.
Please contact 303-363-3077 or email@example.com with any questions.
Safer Injection Supplies
- Sharps container
- ID card to protect participants from criminal paraphernalia charges
- Alcohol Wipes
- Antibacterial Ointment
- Safer sex supplies and education
- Enrollment and education about legal rights
- Syringe Disposal at SAS sites and during street outreach
- Referrals to health care, health care access programs and community resources
- On-site vein/wound care, wound care education and wound care kits
- Overdose prevention education and Naloxone kit distribution
- Mental and behavioral health navigation and referrals
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing and counseling
- TCHD offers Linkage to Care coordination services for those diagnosed with HIV or AIDS. Call 303-363-3018 X 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCHD HIV prevention program clinics offer chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV and Hepatitis C testing for those who qualify based on risk factors. Clinics are walk-in only; we do not schedule any appointments. Call 303-363-3018 X 6 or email@example.com
- For syphilis testing, contact Denver Public Health