Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care
Become a Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Provider
Child care providers can make a big difference in helping a new mother continue to breastfeed when she returns to work. Being breastfeeding-friendly can increase the length of time babies are breastfed, leading to better health for baby and mom.
Congratulations to these Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Centers!
Your efforts to support breastfeeding families will have a positive and lasting impact on the health and well-being of all Colorado families - thank you!
- Adventure Town
- APS Early Beginnings
- Bundles of Babies (Thornton)
- Child Care Fun for Kids (Thornton)
- Cribs 2 Crayons
- Erica Reese’s Home Child Care (Littleton)
- The Garden Preschool & Early Learning Center
- The Gardner School
- Inspiration Station Preschool
- Kids’ Castle (Aurora)
- Maple Circle of Friends (Brighton)
- Mighty Minions Child Care
- Ms. Vickie’s Childcare and Preschool (Castle Rock)
- Options Infant Center
- Our Village Children’s Academy
- Spark of Imagination Child Care (Thornton)
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Toolkits
- Child Care Center Professionals - English
- Child Care Center Professionals - Spanish
- Family Child Care Home Professionals - English
- Family Child Care Home Professionals- Spanish
We are recognizing and promoting child care centers that have made breastfeeding support a priority. Programs that receive this designation will receive a certificate, a "Breastfeeding Friendly Certified" window cling, and will be listed on our website.
You can be certified as a breastfeeding-friendly child care provider if these simple steps are in place:
- Contact us to get started
- Meet with our breastfeeding staff to complete a pre-assessment and develop an action plan based on assessment results
- Attend one training session
- Meet all six criteria in the toolkit
- Complete the post-assessment and conduct an on-site review with our staff to establish that the six criteria were met
Resources for Child Care Professionals
Trainings for Child Care Providers
Supporting Breastfeeding in Child Care, interactive online breastfeeding training modules available for:
- PDIS (Professional Development Information System) - Colorado Shines training site for early childhood professionals. Search "breastfeeding" in the Course Catalog.
- CO.TRAIN - Colorado’s Learning Management System. Search "breastfeeding" or course ID 1079357.