Do I need a license to roast and sell chilies?

Chili roasting operations are required to have a Retail Food Establishment License. The chilies must be washed in potable water at a commissary, and a handwashing facility must be available at the site where the chilies are roasted and sold. Contact your local Tri-County office for details.

Show All Answers

1. Is my Special Event Food License valid at farmers markets?
2. How long is my Special Event License good for?
3. Can I operate my Special Event food booth from my home?
4. What is a commissary, and why do I need one?
5. What is the difference between a Mobile Retail Food Establishment License and a Special Event Food License?
6. Why must the operators of fixed, licensed, retail food establishments obtain an additional Retail Food Establishment License to participate in Special Events?
7. How much is a Special Event Food License?
8. When do vendor applications need to be submitted?
9. When should the Special Event Coordinator Applications be submitted?
10. Do I need a license to roast and sell chilies?
11. Do I need a Special Event Food License if I have a licensed mobile food truck, trailer, or push cart?