I’m interested in buying an existing child care center, what do I need to do before purchasing it?
If the establishment has not yet been purchased, a site evaluation can be completed by an Environmental Health Specialist who will provide you with a list of structural and equipment violations that must be corrected if the change of ownership does occurs. If the establishment has already been purchased, a Change of Ownership inspection is required and any structural or equipment violations must be corrected for approval of the establishment to operate. Fees do apply for these inspections. Contact your local Tri-County Environmental Health Department office to schedule an inspection and for information on fees associated with these inspections. You will also need to contact the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care to find out about their requirements and to get licensed by them.

Show All Answers

1. Does Tri-County Health Department issue licenses for childcare facilities?
2. When are health inspections conducted?
3. Does Tri-County Health Department routinely inspect home day cares?
4. How can I get a copy of past health inspection reports?
5. What resources are available about serving nutritious foods in our childcare center?
6. What sort of foods is my center permitted to serve?
7. What is the difference between a sanitizer and a disinfectant?
8. What are the requirements for sanitizing and disinfecting with bleach?
9. Does Tri-County offer training for child care center staff?
10. We will be constructing a new facility, what do we need to complete?
11. I’m interested in buying an existing child care center, what do I need to do before purchasing it?
12. We will be adding a room or changing one of our rooms. What do I need to do?
13. Who can I contact if I have questions about adding equipment?
14. When will I be invoiced for my health inspection?
15. My child care center was built before 1978. What are the concerns regarding lead paint and renovations / repairs?