Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In-person requests normally take from 10-15 minutes
Show All Answers
• Photocopy of the requestor's valid identification
• Completed birth certificate application
• The person named on the birth record, with approved forms of identification
• Members of the immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings or children), with required proof of relationship. To prove your relationship, we accept:
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Court-approved guardianship paperwork.
• Legal guardian of those named above
• Others demonstrating a direct and tangible interest in the record
• School registration
• Obtaining a Driver’s License
• Social Security Card
• Genealogy and/or family history
• Marriage (domestic and international)
• Signing up for youth sports programs
• Domestic or international adoption
• Access to other personal records
If the person is born in Colorado, you may obtain the birth certificate at ANY Vital Records in the state of Colorado
The State of Colorado made it this way for security purposes and because the mother’s name may change due to marriage, but the maiden name will always stay the same
• You can apply online through a third party website www.vitalchek.com
• Go directly to the state office and go through an appeal process
• You may contact us for additional information at 720-200-1401
No. You must contact the State Vital Records Office in the state in which you were born or you can also apply through VitalChek, a secure third party website.
On average, it takes approximately 6-8 weeks from the time baby was registered at the hospital. However, it can vary depending on the state where you live. If you have not received your child’s social security card within six to eight weeks, please visit or contact your local Social Security office.
To add a father/second parent to a birth certificate where a father/second parent is not currently listed, complete and submit the Voluntary Acknowledgement of Parentage form to the state office.
Voluntary Acknowledgment of Parentage
Reconocimiento Voluntario de Paternidad.
Please complete the form below to correct a Colorado Birth Certificate. This form must be sent to the Colorado State Vital Records office for processing (mailing address is on the form).
FORM TO CORRECT OR CHANGE A COLORADO BIRTH CERTIFICATE
SOLICITUD PARA CORREGIR O CAMBIAR UNA ACTA DE NACIMIENTO DE COLORADO