Household Chemical Roundups
Household Chemical Roundup Events
We organize Household Chemical Roundups for Douglas County in the spring and summer. Events for Adams and Arapahoe Counties are organized by their individual cities, which should be contacted for further information. These community events help dispose of chemical waste properly, prevent pollution, and protect the people handling your garbage.
Last year, 3,616 households from Adams County and Douglas County participated in the roundups, disposing and recycling 460,153 pounds of household hazardous waste.
Safe Handling of Household Hazardous Items
Many common products found in your home, such as oil-based paint, mercury, gasoline, degreasers, cleaning compounds, and garden chemicals, may be hazardous to you, your family and the environment if used or disposed of improperly.
It is important to read the product labels to safely store, use, and dispose of chemicals. When these chemicals are not used up entirely, they become household chemical waste and must be disposed of properly or it can harm sanitation workers, create problems in sewage treatment plants and landfills, or pollute the water or air.
Outside of Household Chemical Roundup dates, the following drop-off sites are available for a charge with reservation:
|PaintCare: Free paint disposal|
Find a drop-off site near you
|Rooney Road Recycle Center|
151 S. Rooney Road
Golden, CO 80401
9131 East 96th Avenue
Henderson, CO 80640
|Clean Harbors Environmental|
4721 Ironton St #B, Denver, CO 80239
3600 E 48th Avenue
Denver, CO 80216
Enter location and waste to find sites near you
*There are no drop-off sites available in Arapahoe County or Douglas County.
Douglas County Household Chemical Roundup events have been postponed and we are evaluating the best and safest way to ensure residents have access to responsible disposal options.
- Events currently postponed. No electronic waste is accepted at these events.
- Postponed - Parker Map | Poster | News
- Postponed- Highlands Ranch Map | Poster | News
- Postponed - Castle Rock Map | Poster | News
- Pre-register is closed during COVID-19 response.
- Print a Flyer
- Volunteer Registration is closed.
- Take our survey or send a comment
- 2018 Douglas County Annual Report
Household hazardous waste disposal services for Arapahoe County are organized by the towns, which should be contacted for further information.
- Aurora: 303-739-7372
- Centennial: 1-800-449-7587
- Cherry Hills Village
- Englewood: 303-762-2349
- Glendale: 1-800-449-7587
- Greenwood Village: 1-800-449-7587
- Littleton: 303-795-3834
- Sheridan: 303-738-9426
- SE Metro Stormwater Authority
- Unincorporated Arapahoe County (including Foxfield and Deer Trail): 1-800-449-7587
- Adams County no longer participates in the Household Chemical Roundup Program.
- Residents with questions can contact Katie Keefe at 720-523-6986 or visit Adams County household chemical roundup webpage.
- Call Veolia Environmental Services to schedule an appointment at 303-526-8155 or online
- 2018 Adams County Annual Report
Additional Household Hazardous Resources