Services Available During COVID - 19
TCHD Staff will continue processing new, repair, and use permits. Email completed applications, designs, and other paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org to be processed. If the size of the files exceeds 15MB, please send them in separate emails or they will not be received.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PUBLIC COUNTER ASSISTANCE HOURS:
Walk-ins are welcome Tuesdays & Thursdays only – 8:00am to 5:00pm
We are closed for lunch from 12-1pm
- Site and final inspection field visits are still being conducted.
- Email email@example.com to request an inspection.
- TCHD staff are still taking complaints/concerns of public health significance.
On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
An On-Site Wastewater Treatment System (OWTS), commonly known as a septic system, treats the wastewater on an individual’s property. Septic systems are installed on properties that cannot be served by a wastewater utility. Tri-County Health Department permits the installation, repair, and use of these systems in our jurisdiction.
Effective October 1st, 2019, all Onsite Wastewater Treatment System designers, soil evaluators, installers, inspectors, operation and maintenance providers, and pumpers will be required to obtain the National Association of Wastewater Technicians (NAWT) training course for the discipline they want to work in. More information about upcoming classes is available at www.cpow.net. For more information contact your local field office.
Information, Permits and Forms
- Rules & Regulations – CDPHE Regulation 43 and local Regulation O-17
- Septic Permit Process – Information on how to apply for a septic permit
- Use Permits - permits for a transfer of title
- OWTS Forms
- Education & Care – Information on how to maintain and care for your septic system
- Septic Professionals – Additional educational information for septic professionals
- List of Certified Professionals – Find a certified professional for all of your septic needs
- Fees (PDF)
- Septic System Record Search - Look up existing septic system records