Healthy Staffing Project
Now more than ever, a customer needs to know that doing business with you is safe.
The Healthy Staffing Project is a free public health program to support local businesses with resources to increase customer confidence and bring back business. This will be especially important to everyone as cooler temperatures force more people to return to indoor shopping and dining.
Any business can participate. Funding is limited. Contact Jennifer Tellis at email@example.com to get started today.
What do partners receive?
As a Healthy Staffing Project partner, businesses will receive:
- Free cloth face masks with your company's logo on them
- Opportunities for free onsite flu shots for staff and patrons
- Additional funding to support engagement in healthy activities
- Free video training and employee workbook on managing challenging customers
- Free promotional materials including window clings and social media posts
- Special access to additional health resources and workplace policy templates
- Point person with one of our health professionals to get regular public health updates
Thank you for taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep your staff and customers safe.
Resources and Templates
- Flu Vaccine Policy Templates
- Sample Email/ Letter to Staff
- Flu Shot 101 with a Public Health Nurse Video
- Fight Flu Posters
- Advertising Templates for Flu Vaccine Clinics - coming soon
- Additional Resources
- Flu Shot "Proof of Vaccination" Employee Template
- 3 Actions to Fight the Flu
- Statewide Flu Toolkit for Businesses
- Similarities and Differences between Flu and COVID-19
- Prevent Flu! Get a Flu Vaccine and Take Preventative Actions Video
- Can't Miss Work Because of The Flu Flyer (Spanish only)
- Your Work is Essential Flyer
- Colorado Department of Labor and Employment Paid Sick Leave 101
- Spanish - coming soon
- Fact Sheet
- Info #6A: Paid Leave Under the Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Fast Facts
- Compliance with federal EPSLA is compliance with HFWA
- Applies to all employers regardless or size or industry
- Adds no additional obligations to most employers
- Applies to ALL business now - Dec. 31, 2020
- Fast Facts
- Info #6B: Paid Leave Under the Healthy and Families Workplaces Act
- Fast Facts
- Paid leave beginning in 2021 is for more than COVID-19 related reasons
- Paid leave is accrued (earned) at 1 hour of leave per 30 hours of work up to 48 hours of leave for full-time employees
- Employers may provide more generous amounts than required
- Applies to businesses with more than 15 employees on Jan. 1, 2021 and to all businesses as of Jan. 1, 2022
- Fast Facts
- Sick Leave Policy Templates
Tri-County Health Department would like to recognize Albertsons/Safeway for their dedicated partnership to support the health of our communities. This project would not be possible if it wasn't for their amazing team and many hours spent administering flu shots. A special thanks to Davin Patel, Pharm.D., BCACP, Patient Care Pharmacist and Tony Saiz, BS Pharm, RPh., Denver Division Manager. This team has been nominated for Tri-County’s annual Public Health Hero award, the Tri-County Board of Health will announce winners Spring 2021.
“Maria Gonzalez from Adelante Community Development and the Albertsons/ Safeway team were amazing! Everyone was thrilled to be getting their shot as well as some yummy burritos and doughnuts. I was so impressed at how these teams took on so many people while maintaining social distancing. Thank you seriously for all that you do and the respect and compassion you have for all of those in need!”
~Julianna Ramirez, Community Resource Specialist, Servicios de la Raza