Can I rent time in someone else’s approved kitchen?

Yes, an individual may become licensed to operate from any approved facility. There are commercial kitchens whose primary business is renting time to the public. Other operations will produce and package a food product to your specifications. A list is available from the Colorado Department of Agriculture.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Retail Food license?
2. Are retail food licenses transferable?
3. How do I open a restaurant or grocery store?
4. Do plans need to be submitted for the construction of a retail food establishment?
5. What is a potentially hazardous food?
6. Are retail food workers required to have a food handler card?
7. How do I report a food-borne illness?
8. Do I need a license to roast and sell chilies?
9. How do I report a dirty kitchen, restroom, dining room, or unsanitary conditions or practices?
10. Is it a violation for a restaurant employee to handle money and then handle food without washing their hands in between?
11. Can I rent time in someone else’s approved kitchen?
12. What are the requirements for equipment used in commercial food establishments?